Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture (MIDH)
A Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture (MIDH) has been launched for the holistic development of horticulture in the country during XII plan. The scheme integrates the ongoing schemes of National Horticulture Mission, Horticulture Mission for North East & Himalayan States, National Bamboo Mission, National Horticulture Board, Coconut Development Board and Central Institute for Horticulture, Nagaland.
- Promote holistic growth of horticulture sector, including bamboo and coconut through area based regionally differentiated strategies.
- Research, technology promotion, extension, post harvest management, processing and marketing of
- Encourage aggregation of farmers into farmer groups like FIGs/FPOs and FPCs to bring economy of scale and scope.
- Enhance horticulture production, augment farmers, income and strengthen nutritional security;
- Improve productivity by way of quality germ plasm, planting material and water use efficiency through Micro Irrigation.
- Support skill development and create employment generation opportunities for rural youth in horticulture and post harvest management, especially in the cold chain sector.
MIDH will have the following sub-schemes and area of operation:
|S. No.||Sub Scheme||Target Group/ Area of Operation|
|1||NHM||All states & UTs except states in NE and Himalayan Region|
|2||HMNEH||All states in NE and Himalayan Region|
|3||NBM||All states & UTs|
|4||NHB||All states & UTs focusing on commercial horticulture|
|5||CDB||All States and UTs where coconut is grown|
|6||CIH||NE states, focusing on HRD and capacity building|
For More Details: Click Here