Internship Guidelines, 2014 of Department of Electronics & Information Technology
The Department of Electronics and Information Technology, under the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology is engaged in electronic development through e-Infrastructure creation to facilitate and promote (1) e-governance (2) Promotion of electronics hardware manufacturing and Information Technology & IT Enabled Services (IT-ITeS) Industry (3) Providing Support for creation of Innovation Infrastructure in emerging areas of technology (4) Providing support for development of e-Skills and Knowledge network and (5) Securing India’s cyber space.
For the larger benefit of the student community and with a view to enrich the management/ implementation of its various schemes/programmes, the Department of Electronics and Information Technology has decided to notify these ΓÇ£Internship Guidelines 2014ΓÇÙ, to provide a framework for engagement of Interns for a limited period.
(i) Indian students from recognized universities in India or abroad who have secured at least 60% marks in the last held degree or certificate examination and :-
- who have completed education under 10+2+3 pattern of education i.e. students who have completed 15 years of formal education. or
- who are pursuing 4th year of Engineering in the 10+2+4 pattern of education. or
- who are pursuing 4th or 5th year in the integrated degree course or dual degree of 10+2+5 pattern of education.
(ii) The qualification may be relaxed in deserving cases based on need of the Department on prior approval of Competent Authority.
(iii) Possessing minimum qualifications as above shall not guarantee Internship in this Department. Candidates having exposure in the area of intended internship with good academic background and having higher qualification, based on need shall be given preference.
Duration of Internship:
The minimum duration of internship shall be of two months, extendable up to three months, depending on the performance of the candidate, requirement of the Department and time the intern is willing to spend with the Department.
How to Apply:
- Interested and eligible students must send their applications, along with brief write up stating the reason of applying for internship to this Department, to ΓÇ£The Deputy Secretary (Pers), Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Electonics Niketan, 6 CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
- These applications need to be sponsored/forwarded by the Institution where the applicant is currently enrolled in or has recently passed out.
- The applications received on or before the last date will be scrutinized by a duly constituted Selection Committee. The Selection Committee would shortlist suitable candidates for interview on the basis of candidateΓÇÕs merit and DepartmentΓÇÕs requirement.
- The Selection Committee may conduct Personal or Skype Interview, as necessary. No TA / DA shall be paid to candidates for attending the personal interview.
- A token remuneration of Rs.10,000/- per month would be paid to an Intern, subject to satisfactory performance, duly certified by he Supervisor/Mentor.
- Interns who are taken in relaxation to the qualification outlined in para 3 shall be paid a token remuneration of Rs. 5,000/- per month per intern.
- The remuneration shall be paid after the completion of Internship on submission of Report duly accepted by this Department.
For More Information: Click Here