Drought Prone Areas Programmes
Department of land Resources, Ministry of Rural Development, GoI, has scheme for drought prone areas of the country to minimise the effects of loss from natural calamities in these areas. This programme aims at developing watersheds in drought prone areas.
- To minimise the adverse effects of drought on production of crops and livestock and productivity of land, water and human resources ultimately leading to drought proofing of the affected areas.
- The programme also aims to promote overall economic development and improving the socio-economic conditions of the resource poor and disadvantaged sections inhabiting the programme areas.
- 947 blocks were in 164 districts in 13 States.
- States are Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chattisgarh, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Orissa, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal and West Bengal.
- Central and State Government contribute towards the project cost of the watershed in the ratio of 75 : 25 share the cost.
- 80% (85% under Hariyali) of the cost is devoted towards watershed development activities and rest 20% (15% under Hariyali) for community organization, training and administrative jobs.
For More Info: Click here.
For Updates Download our App: Click Here.