Digilocker: An Initiative Under Digital India Programme
DigiLocker is a “digital locker” service launched by the Government of India in February 2015. The locker provides a secure dedicated personal electronic space for storing the documents of resident Indian citizens. A storage space of 1GB is given to the registered citizen and is linked to the Unique Identification Authority of India (Aadhaar number) of the user. Earlier this storage space was just 10 MB
The Storage Space provides facility that will help citizens to digitally store their important documents like PAN card, passport, mark sheets and degree certificates. There is also an associated facility for e-signing documents. The service is intended to minimize the use of physical documents and to provide authenticity of the e-documents. It will also provide secure access to government issued documents.
facility that will help citizens to digitally store their important documents like PAN card, passport, mark sheets and degree certificates.
- Enable digital empowerment of residents by providing them with┬áDigital Locker┬áon the cloud
- Enable e-Signing of documents and make them available electronically and online Minimize the use of physical documents
- Ensure authenticity of the e-documents and thereby eliminate usage of fake documents
- Secure access to Govt. issued documents through a web portal and mobile application for residents
- Reduce administrative overhead of Govt. departments and agencies and make it easy for the residents to receive services
- Anytime, anywhere access to the documents by the resident
- Open and interoperable standards based architecture to support a well-structured standard document format to support easy sharing of documents across departments and agencies
- Ensure privacy and authorized access to residents’ data.
┬áHow to┬áEnroll┬áfor Digilocker:
Step 1:┬áTo sign-up for your DigiLocker, one needs Aadhaar number or a mobile number. Users can also link the account to their Google, Facebook accounts. Once you have registered, you can start uploading documents in the My certificates section.
Step 2:┬áSelect a document type. You’ll have options such as SSC Certificate, HSC Certificate, PAN card, Voter ID card, etc. in a drop down list.
Step 3:┬áYou are allowed to provide a name for the document.
Step 4:┬áFill in some details related to the document being uploaded.
Step 5:┬áChoose the file from your local machine. It should not be more than 1MB in size and only in pdf, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp or gif format.
Step 6:┬áUser can also provide a short description of the document in 50 characters.
Step 7:┬áClick ‘upload’ button. The document should now appear under the ‘Uploaded Documents’ sub-section.
All information can also be accessed through the Digilocker Android Application. To download Digilocker application: Click Here
For More Info: Click Here
Download Application for Meaningful Conversations Now!! Community Based Platform Join ΓÇÌRΓÇÕ: Click Here