Dairy Kit for Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes: Goa
The Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe have been encouraged to take up Dairy & Poultry Farming. The community are basically poor and do not have the infrastructure and equipment to carry on the trade. The community has on the overall remained backward due to social stigma and due to their poor financial background. The scheme gives them equipment of dairy use required by a Dairy farmer to conduct his business. The key features are enlisted below:
- To provide assistance to the backward classes.
- To provide equipment and utensils to help in the Dairy farming.
- To encourage the tribal population, Scheduled Caste to go in for Animal Husbandry activities.
- Applicant should have at least one milch animal (Local Cow/Buffaloes).
- Applicant should belong to scheduled Caste/ Tribe.
- Each family is entitled to one kit.
- A kit will be provided to each eligible beneficiary free of cost.
- Items of general use of a Dairy farmer will be given to the farmers as assistance.
- The total value of items given shall not exceed Rs. 5000/-.
- The items from the kit shall consist of steel bucket, steel cans, steel vessels, spade, brush, steel pot, feeding trough and a storage tank for storage of water.
For More Info: Click Here