Boeing and Tata announce aerospace joint venture in India
- Boeing and Tata group companies have established partnerships in India to manufacture aerostructures for BoeingΓÇÕs commercial and military aircraft.
- Tata Advanced Systems Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Sons, focused on providing integrated solutions for Aerospace, Defence and Homeland Security.
- Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense, space and security systems.
- Boeing and Tata Advanced Systems announced a joint venture (JV) that will manufacture aerostructures for aircraft and collaborate on integrated systems development opportunities in India.
- ΓÇ£This partnership will capitalize on IndiaΓÇÕs industrial capability, innovation and talent to contribute to BoeingΓÇÕs long-term competitiveness and position us for future growth in the global marketplace,ΓÇÙ said Chris Chadwick, president and CEO of Boeing Defense, Space & Security.
- The JV will initially create a manufacturing center of excellence to produce aerostructures for the AH-64 Apache helicopter and to compete for additional manufacturing work packages across Boeing platforms, both commercial and defense.