Amrita Devi Bishnoi Wildlife Protection Award
Name of the scheme: Amrita Devi Bishnoi Wildlife Protection Award
Purpose: The award is given for significant contribution in the field of wildlife protection, which is recognised as having shown exemplary courage and valour or having done exemplary work for the protection of wildlife in the Country.
Nature of the award:
Two awards of Rs. 1 lakh cash, along with a medallion and citation each will be given to-
- An individual or group of individuals
- Community based organisation; from rural areas, including Gram Sabha; showing exemplary courage or valour for protection of wildlife.
- Individual and community based organisation, from rural areas, including Gram Sabha, showing exemplary courage or valour for protection of wildlife will be eligible.
- There will be no age limit for individuals.
- None of the Government official/individual is eligible for the award.
Procedure of submission of nominations:
Any citizen of India can recommend a name. The nominations must be accompanied with the detailed bio-data (ten copies) including-
- Name and address of the nominee,
- Area of Work,
- Significant contribution made by the nominee in the field of wildlife protection
- Comments/recommendations of the Chief Wildlife Warden of the State/Union Territory.
For more information, click here