- Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman unveiled the Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led government’s new Foreign Trade Policy (2015-2020).
- The government’s new foreign trade policy (2014-19) to rev up exports is expected to be put in place by October-end and will have a strong thrust on manufacturing to bring it in sync with the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Make in India’ goal.
- Focus in Foreign Trade Policy is to support services and exports.
- Have taken a number of very important initiatives.
- Will focus on export of high value addition products.
- Focussed on improving ease of doing business in new policy.
- Challenge is to address infra bottlenecks, complex procedures, manufacturing.
- Need to ensure local products and services are globally competitive.
- Market diversification is a key focus of Foreign Trade Policy 2015-2020