It was launched by Union Minister of State (MoS) for Petroleum and Natural Gas at Taranga village under Soro block in Balasore district of Odisha to trace hydrocarbon resources like oil and natural gas in Mahanadi basin.
- To undertake a fresh appraisal in all sedimentary basins across India, especially where no/scanty data is available.
- To have better understanding of the hydrocarbon potential of India.
Under this program, ONGC and OIL have been entrusted to conduct 2D seismic Acquisition, Processing and Interpretation (API) across India in the state of Assam, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram and Nagaland. National Seismic Program (NSP) for 2D seismic Acquisition, Processing and Interpretation (API) Project will be completed by March, 2019.
- It will enable better understanding of the subsurface with Petroleum Systems across wider geological ages to explore the hydrocarbon reserves in Odisha.
- There will be only a single platform where all the data relating to hydrocarbons will be brought together – The National Data Repository (NDR).
- It will help in attracting significant investment to the sector in the State generating employment opportunity and bringing prosperity to the State.
For More Info: Click Here.
For Updates Download our App: Click Here.