- Roads, Highways and Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari said that National Highways Authority of India will soon set up a separate body named NHAI International to tap into Global road building opportunity.
- NHAI International will have its offices in other countries.
- It will work as a contractor, undertaking construction and consultancy projects internationally.
- NHAI International already had offers to build roads and highways in Iran, Sri Lanka, Nepal , Bhutan and is expecting to have similar Myanmar and several west Asian countries
- This would open up a revenue stream for road ministry.