NeGP-A is proposed to be implemented across the country and aims at offering Government to Citizen / Farmer (G2C or G2F), Government to Business (G2B) and Government to Government (G2G) agricultural services in an integrated manner through the Central Agriculture Portal (CAP) and State Agriculture Portals (SAPs).
- Bringing farmer centricity & service orientation to the programs
- Enhancing reach & impact of extension services
- Improving access of farmers to information & services throughout crop-cycle
- Building upon, enhancing & integrating the existing ICT initiatives of Centre, and States
- Enhancing efficiency & effectiveness of programs through process redesign
- More effective management of schemes of DAC
- Promoting a common framework across states
Duration and Nature of GOI Support under NeGP-A:
- Hardware and System software with comprehensive onsite warranty for 5 years
- Basic IT training to end users in various government organisations and Village Level Entrepreneurs in Common Service Centres
- Full support for site preparation of Training Centres and 55% share for other sites
- 100, 70 and 50 percent for manpower cost for first three years
- Connectivity charges with SWAN (for intranet & internet) or direct internet connectivity charges for end user locations for a period of 3 Years at an average of Rs. 11000 per location per year. These charges shall be paid for a period of 5 years for Data Centres at Central and State levels.
- Touch screen kiosks @ 1 in every 2 blocks and 1 in every district
- An amount of Rs. 7500 per block, Rs.10, 500 per district headquarter and Rs. 30,000 per State head quarter per year has been kept for consumables like printer cartridges etc. for a period of three years.
- Process and Application Software training
- Development of core applications and 12 clusters of services
- Support for IT infrastructure at selected Mandis and integrated e-Mandis
- Hand-held devices for e-Pest surveillance
Funds for Training:
As per the NeGP-A Norms, an amount of Rs. 1200 per person would be earmarked for the two days of basic training course. This amount is to be utilised towards administrative expenses for the training including TA/DA of the participants.
For More Information: Click Here