National Bamboo Mission (NBM) is being implemented as a sub scheme under a 100% Centrally Sponsored Scheme called Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture (MIDH). The Mission envisages promoting holistic growth of bamboo and to increase the area under bamboo cultivation and marketing.
- To promote the growth of the bamboo sector through as an area based regionally differentiated strategy.
- To promote marketing of bamboo and bamboo based handicrafts.
- To generate employment opportunities for skilled and unskilled persons.
- To increase the coverage of area under bamboo in potential areas, with improved varieties to enhance yields.
- To promote, develop and disseminate technologies through a seamless blend of traditional wisdom and modern scientific knowledge.
- To establish convergence and synergy among stake-holders for the development of bamboo.
Assistance under MIDH for Bamboo related Activities:
|S. N.||Item||Cost Norms||Pattern of Assistance|
|1||Research & Development of Bamboo||Rs. 100 lakh||Various Central Government Institutions would take up research & development works in the area of
(1) Importing, Seeding and planting materials
(2) Technology Standardization/Acquisition
(3) Imparting training
With 100% assistance.
|2||Hi-tech Nursery (2 hectare)||40 lakh/unit||100% of cost to public sector and 40% of cost to private sector|
|3||Small Nursery (0.5 hectare)||10 lakh/unit||100% of cost to public sector and 50% of cost to private sector.|
For More Details: Click Here