- The Mumbai metropolis will get its first double-decker bridge on P D’Mello Road at CST that will have railway tracks and a motorway.
- On P D’Mello Road, tracks will be constructed at an elevated level and cars will ply above that as the Eastern Freeway will be extended up from Orange Gate to GPO junction.
- Central Railway (CR) plans to shift the Harbour line corridor to the west of CST.
- The relocation is being done to free up existing Harbour line tracks between CST and Masjid.
- Shifting of Harbour line is the only solution to bring the fifth and sixth line up to CST.
- Platforms between CST and Dockyard Road station will be constructed at the elevated level and will be equipped with escalators.
- The rail and road bridge solution may prove to be a win-win proposition for train passengers and motorists.
Source:The Economic Times