- By mid-October Mumbai central is going to get Google’s high-speed public Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Mr.Seshagiri Rao, director-network planning & marketing at RailTel, said Wi-Fi hotspots at 400 stations and Mumbai Central gets the first Wi-Fi connectivity.
- He said that access to Wi-Fi will be free for the first 30 minutes over a 24-hour period and beyond that customer will be charged.
- He also said first they are targeting to provide uniform Wi-Fi service later they will work on revenue model
- RailTel will provide its passive infrastructure that comprises fibre connected with its MPLS network to Google, which will provide Wi-Fi access through their radio access points at all the platforms
- He said that they want to use the Wi-Fi service as a brand building tool at railways stations