Mukhyamantri Yuva Swavalamban Yojana
Gujarat government announced Mukhyamantri Yuva Swavalamban Yojana (MYSY) which offers scholarship for students and age limit relaxation for government jobs for Economically Weaker Section (EWS). The scheme will be implemented in current academic year. Gujarat government is going to spend Rs 1,000 crore per year.
Highlights of the scheme
- Government will provide assistance of worth Rs 10 lakh during five years to the students who are into Gujarat Medical Education Research Society (GMERS) and dental courses.
- Students who are getting into courses like Engineering, Pharmacy, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Nursing, and Physiotherapy will get 50% fee of Rs 50,000/Year Maximum in self-financing colleges.
- Students who passed 10th or 12th standard with 80 percentile and opt for diploma courses will get Rs 25000/Year or 50% fee whichever is lesser
- Students opting for courses like B.ed, B.A, B.Sc will get will get government assistance of worth Rs 10000 annully or 50% fee whichever is lesser
- Government assistance of Rs 1200 per month will be provided for 10 months, if that region neither have higher education facility nor government hostel .
- Non-reserved students will also get the benefits of other schemes where student will get a assistance for buying books and equipment.
- Same fee structure for all students joining into government colleges
- Free-of-cost uniforms, textbooks and scholarships for all category of students in government and granted schools. Form fee will be regulated in Private self-financing colleges
- Students appearing for competitive exams will be trained under training centers set upped in every district
- For government jobs age relaxation upto 5 years is provided for all categories of people
- Students should secure 90 percentile in 12th standard examination organized by Gujarat Board/ Central Board
- Maximum annual income should not exceed beyond Rs 4.5 lakh
Source: Indian Express