Scheduled Caste and Backward Class Welfare Department under Haryana Government has launched Mukhya Mantri Vivah Shagun Yojana for providing grants to backward class families for the celebration of marriage of their daughters. This scheme is being implemented to honor the girl child and to ensure that the girls from poor families and daughters of widows/destitute women, sports women and orphan girl child, are married gracefully.
- Applicant should be domicile of Haryana
- Age of bride should be 18 years or more
- Age of groom should be 21 years or more
- Benefit is given up to marriage of 2 daughter of a person.
- Widow/divorce woman can take benefit for her own marriage provided she has not taken this benefit earlier.
- Annual Income of the family should be less than Rs. 1 Lakh.
- A grant of Rs. 41,000 is provided to the BPL SC/ST families and widows/divorced/destitute women/ orphan and destitute children. Out of this an amount of Rs. 36,000 is to be paid on or before marriage and amount of Rs. 5,000 is to be paid within 6 months on submission of marriage registration certificate.
- A grant of Rs. 11,000 is provided to BPL families other than SC/ST having land holding of less than 2.5 acres. Out of this an amount of Rs. 10,000 is to be paid on or before marriage and amount of Rs. 1,000 is to be paid within 6 months on submission of marriage registration certificate.
- A grant of Rs. 31,000 is provided to sports woman (any caste/any income).
For More Info: Click Here
Drop your Query, Feedback and Suggestion in the Comment Box.