India and France signed 17 agreements, including on the stalled nuclear project in Jaitapur in Maharashtra, after Prime Minister Narendra Modi held wide-ranging talks with French President Francois Hollande.
Defence and Nuclear Energy
- MoU between L&T and AREVA
- It is aimed at cost reduction by increasing localization, to improve the financial viability of Jaitapur project.
- It will also enable transfer of technology and development of indigenous nuclear energy industry in India.
- Pre-engineering agreements between NPCIL and Areva
- The PEA studies intend to bring clarity on all technical aspects of the plant so that all parties (AREVA, Alstom and NPCIL) can firm up their price and optimize all provisions for risks still included at this stage in the costs of the project.
- MoU between ISRO and CNES on Megha Tropiques
- The Indo-French Megha Tropiques satellite was launched on board the Indian launch vehicle, PSLV on October 12, 2011. The MoU shall extend by 2 more years, the joint project for sharing and use of data from the satellite.
- ‘MOU between ISRO, CNES and ONERA for Ka-band propagation experiment over Indian tropical region’
- The MoU envisages cooperation for implementation of the project concerning Ka- band propagation experiment over Indian tropical region.
- The main objective is to collect Ka-Band attenuation data using available Ka-Band transmission and perform analysis along with corresponding radio meter and meteorological data.
- Programme between ISRO and French National Centre for Space Studies (CNES)
- The Agreement proposes cooperation in the areas of Satellite Remote sensing, satellite communications and satellite meteorology; space sciences and planetary exploration; data collection and location; operations of satellite ground stations and spacecraft mission management; space research and applications.
- It covers the potential cooperation activities such as joint earth observation mission, hosted payload opportunities and Mars exploration.
- MoU on Cooperation between the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports of India and French Ministry of Sports, Youth Affairs, Public Education and Community Life
- The MoU envisages cooperation and exchange of experiences in the fields of sports medicine, institutional cooperation, development of practice of sports in the context of proximity sports, support of participation of women and the disabled in sports, management and coordination of sports federations, training of executives and establishment of National Institute of Sports in India based on French model of INSEP.
- MoU on cooperation in the field of renewable energy between the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India and the Ministry of Ecology, Sustainable Development and Energy, Government of France
- The understanding reached in this MoU will help establish the basis for cooperation and relationship to encourage and promote technical bilateral cooperation on new and renewable energy issues on the basis of mutual benefits and reciprocity through exchange and training of technical personnel, exchange of information and data, joint research and transfer of know-how and technology.
- It would cover solar, wind, bio-energy, tidal and wave energy sectors.
- Railway protocol between Indian Ministry of Railways and French National Railways (SNCF)
- The Protocol seeks to establish cooperation between Indian and French Railways for semi-high speed rail and station renovation.
- Guarantee Agreement with AFD Financing of Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL)
- The Agreement seeks to finance Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL)
CULTURE, HERITAGE CONSERVATION, TOURISM, PEOPLE-TO-PEOPLE CONTACTS
- Administrative Arrangement in the field of Cultural Heritage
- Letter of Intent on Tourism
- Letter of Intent (LoI) between the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) and National Institute of Preventive Archaeological Research (INRAP)
- MOU between School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi and National Architecture Institute in Paris, France
- MoU between Indian Heritage Cities Network Foundation (IHCN) and Association Nationale des Villes et Pays d’Art et d’Histoire et villes a secteurs sauvegardés et protégés (‘ANVPAH’)
- Proposal for twinning of historical monuments
- VIE scheme to allow Indian students in France and French students in India to stay for a period of 24 months.
- Letter of Intent on Ayurveda between Ministry of Ayush and University of Strasbourg
- MoU between National Skill Development Agency (NSDA), India and the National Commission for Vocational Qualifications (Commission Nationale de la Certification Professionnelle – CNCD)
Science and Technology
- MoU on cooperation in the field of Science & Technology between Department of Science & Technology of India and the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS)
- MoU betweenDepartment of Biotechnology of India and CNRS and UPMC on Collaboration for
establishment of a National Institute of Marine Biology and Biotechnology in India