- Hydrologists may soon be able to communicate water levels of river basins at the press of a cell phone button, with the Central Water Commission proposing a mobile application.
- Hydrologists would have to enter the water level measurements recorded on the gauges installed at the Hydrological Observation Sites in river basins.
- The mobile app would eliminate the communication barriers between the observation sites and Divisional Flood Control Rooms.
- App will also reduce the probability of errors, improving the efficiency.
- CWC, has close to 900 Hydrological Observation Sites spread across different river basins in the country.
- The flood forecast bulletins are put out online for the public.