- Mizoram Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs minister John Rotluangliana, said that the Food Security Scheme was imposed on the state by the Centre.
- Only 7.06 lakh people of more than 15 lakh population would be covered by the scheme, which included around 1.36 lakh people under the Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) scheme.
- Those AAY families would receive 35 kilos of rice per family per month while around 5.7 lakh people would be entitled to receive five kg of food at the rate of Rs three per kilo in a month under the scheme.
- The state government, decided to add another three kg to those who were entitled under the food security scheme making the ration at eight kilos a month for those covered under the scheme.
- For those 5,03,704 people left out by the scheme, the state government would make arrangement to give eight kilos of rice per month at the rate of Rs. 15 per kilo.