National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS)
NMMSS has been providing scholarships to meritorious students since 2008. The main objective of this scheme is to provide financial incentives to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker students. Every year 1 lakh students are awarded with a scholarship of INR 500 per month for students studying in class 9th to 12th. The government school students can only avail this scheme. State governments also provide reservation for SC/ST and other reserved class students. However, central government fixes the quota for every state.
Procedure for selection
- Each state and Union Territory conduct its own test for the selection of students for this scholarship. The state examination may consist of following two tests:
- Mental Ability Test: A set of 90 multiple-choice questions testing verbal and non-verbal mega-cognitive abilities such as reasoning and critical thinking.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test: A set of 90 multiple-choice questions consisting of subjects taught in class 8 and 9.
- Students will get 90 minutes each for both tests.
- The students must pass both the tests with 40% mark in each. For the reserved category the cut off is 32%.
- A student must have secured 55% marks in class 8.
- The parent’s income should not be more than INR 1.5 lakh per annum.
- The selected students will be asked to open a joint account with parents in State Bank of India.
- The amounts will be credited directly to SBI account on quarterly basis.
For more information, CLICK HERE.
To see the application Performa, CLICK HERE.