Department of Social Welfare, Goa Government is pleased to have a scheme for students of Dhangar community “Merit Based Award and recognition of high performance in the Board Exams of SSC and HSSC in the State of Goa”.
Dhangars is a shepherd community who have migrated from Kathiawar region of South Gujarat and settled in the hilly northwestern areas of Goa.
- To motivate students by giving merit based Award based on the benchmark of the performance
- To provide financial incentive to high performing students who are economically weak.
Students belonging to Dhangar who have qualified for SSCE/HSSCE Board Examination of Goa or any recognized Board which has conducted SSCE/HSSC Exams in the State of Goa.
1) Felicitation of Rank Holders-
- First Five Rank Holders of SSC, First Five Rank Holders of HSSC Board exams (separately for all the streams of Science, Commerce, Arts and Vocational) will be felicitated in public function.
- Certificate of Appreciation will be given at the time of felicitation.
- Financial award of Rs. 20,000 will be transferred electronically in the Bank Account of the Rank Holder Students.
- There is no restrictions on the basis of income ceiling.
2) Merit based Award-
- Students securing marks in the range (between 50% to 59.99%) will be given a financial award of Rs. 5,000.
- Students securing marks in the range (between 60% to 69.99%) will be given a financial award of Rs. 8,000.
- Students securing marks in the range (between 70% to 74.9%) will be given a financial award of Rs. 10,000.
- Students securing 75% marks and above will be given a financial award of Rs. 15,000.
- Students whose family income is less than Rs. 2 Lakhs are eligible for merit based award.
How to Apply
Application is to be made in the prescribed Format of Merit Based Award for Dhangar students along with the attested copy of mark sheet.
Department of Social Welfare, Goa Government.
For More Info: Click Here.