- For the first time in India, Government Railway Police of Agra division has sent 109 persons to jail for 24 hours after they were found urinating on the railway property.
- They were later released after paying a fine ranging from Rs 100 to Rs 500.
- Senior superintendent of police, GRP, Gopeshnath Khanna ordered his men to conduct a drive against such miscreants and penalize them for public nuisance.
- The drive was conducted over a 48-hour period across 12 stations of GRP, Agra division.
- The drive is a part of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s initiative of ‘Swachh Bharat’ campaign.
- The offenders were charged under Section 34 of the Police Act.
- For more than six decades, the adamant social behavior has not changed.
- Agra city hosts millions of tourist every year, government just can’t be negligent and irresponsible when comes to showing etiquettes in public fora.
Source: The Times Of India