- The Ministry of External Affairs is said to have put in place a strict vigilance against erring officers posted in various Indian diplomatic missions.
- The recalling of envoy to New Zealand Ravi Thapar (1983 batch IFS) was a case in point when MEA acted to liaison with the local government and Indian mission and take necessary action.
- Not only the IFS, but also over 20 officials from other services, with diplomatic passports are under scanner.
- The MEA is particularly active on complaints received from the members of Indian community abroad.
- As per official figures, six complaints against officials in Indian missions were received in 2012, 10 in 2013 and 27 in 2014.
- A maximum of eight complaints each have been received from the missions in UK and Madagascar in the last three years.
Source: The Economic Times