- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis today said that the ambitious coastal road project for Mumbai has been approved by the Modi Government.
- Coastal road will decongest the traffic of Mumbai and will create 91 hectares of green spaces, taking mumbai infra to next standard.
- The 35.60-km-long coastal road, estimated to cost around Rs.8,500 crore is part of the Rs.60,000 infrastructure projects planned for Mumbai and surroundings over the next few years.
- On June 6, Maharashtra government signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Government of the Netherlands for obtaining technical advice on feasibility of building Metro track along the proposed coastal road connecting north and south Mumbai.
- As per the time frame, the draft notification for the project will be issued by June 15, followed up with the final notification by August 15.