- On the last day of his three-day tour of the Northeast, Dr Jitendra Singh held a detailed meeting with Chief Minister of Manipur, Okram Ibobi Singh and senior officers of the State administration in Imphal today.
- Later addressing media persons Dr Jitendra Singh said the 400 KW power project had got delayed due to certain reasons but now only a few technical formalities are pending.
- Dr Jitendra Singh has requested the Chief Minister to depute an officer from the State as also the Delhi-based Resident Commissioner of Manipur to do the follow up with the DoNER Ministry so that the work can be started at the earliest.
- With the installation of project and release of 400 KW transmission line, the State of Manipur will receive uninterrupted power supply for at least 18 hours on an average, even in remotest areas. This will also be a positive step in the direction of achieving the objective of Government of India’s recently launched “Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana” targeting 24 hour power supply to every household.
- Work on the National Sports University for Manipur announced by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi during his visit in November will start soon.
- State Government has acquired 300 acres of land for the purpose at village Yathivi about 25 km from Imphal and, therefore, accordingly he has suggested to the Chief Minister to pursue with the Union Sports Ministry to send a team of officials for taking over the land.
- This University will not only be unique and first of its kind in India, but will also be a tribute to the consistent and glorious contribution made by Manipuri youth in International Olympics