- The Maldives government’s move to allow foreign ownership of its islands will not affect India’s strategic interests.
- India raised concerns over the land law amendment that was passed overnight on Tuesday by the Maldivian People’s Majlis (parliament).
- President Yameen specifically referred to India’s objections to China building military bases, or using reclaimed islands for them, as it is accused of doing in the South China Sea.
- The Maldivian government has given assurances to the Indian government to keep the Indian Ocean a demilitarized zone.
- Maldives will not become a threat to any of it’s neighbors, including India and will not give any cause for concern.