- The ‘Make in India’ initiative of the government today received ‘2015 Asia-Pacific Economic Development Innovation.
- It is the Policy and Program Implementation Excellence Award’ from US-based consulting firm Frost & Sullivan.
- The award is in recognition of the “outstanding contribution” of the ‘Make in India’ programme’s vision and “implementation excellence”.
- It was received by Amitabh Kant, Secretary in the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion.
- The independent global experts arrived at the GIL-100 Index: Manufacturing Index for 2015 on Manufacturing Excellence.
- The Make in India program has scored the highest in this data driven GIL Index on vision and implementation, among 100 countries.
- The award recognises that the initiative has become a catalyst to India’s booming domestic manufacturing sector.