- Department of Industrial Policy has come up with a multi-pronged strategy to develop innovation and creativity.
- The government, for a more refined and developed intellectual property regime in order to boost its ‘Make in India’ campaign, has announced a slew of measures to promote homegrown talent. The measures are listed below:
- An additional 1033 plan posts have been created, including 666 posts for Patents & Designs and 367 posts for Trademarks and GI at various levels.
- Ease of access: To cater to the immense flow of the papers filed, a single central server at IPO Delhi is in place.
- Online e-filing facilities.
- Comprehensive payment gateway: E-filers given facility of using debit cards, credit cards and internet banking of over 70 banks for making payment of fees for all forms.
- 10% rebate on online filing.
- Fee Concession for MSME.
- Madrid Protocol: The operationalization of the Madrid protocol for international protection of trademarks.
- International Search Authority and International Preliminary Examining Authority
- IPR awareness programmes.
- Catching the youth.