The Tribal Welfare Department, Andhra Pradesh has set a total budget provision for 2015-16 is Rs 1115.30 Cr .(Plan : 618.42 Cr & Non-Plan : 496.88 Crs). An amount of Rs. 137.51 Crs. was released up to the Month of June, 2015 under Plan & Non-Plan.
Key Schemes under the Department :
- RESIDENTIAL EDUCATION TO ALL:
- Government keen on providing quality residential Education to all ST children.
- During the year 2015-16 it is proposed to convert hostels into Ashram Schools in Scheduled Areas and Hostels in to Residential Schools in Non Scheduled Areas benefiting 11,600 ST students.
- ECONOMIC SUPPORT SCHEMES:
- Under Economic Support Schemes proposed to cover 20,000 beneficiaries.
- Under this scheme, selected ST beneficiary / ST group will be provided 60% to 90% of the unit cost subject to a maximum of Rs. 1.00 lakh for creation of livelihood activities.
- SKILL DEVELOPMENT:
- Under this programme, (6,000) ST youth will be provided training for Skill Upgradation including direct placements.
- MoU between Tribal Welfare Department (TRICOR) and AP State Skill Development Centre (APSSDC) is under process for providing skill upgradation training’s for employability of ST youth.
- INFRASTRUCTURE WORKS:
- During the year 2015-16 it is proposed to provide basic infrastructure facilities like connectivity to unconnected habitations, drinking water to all habitations and Educational infrastructure in tribal areas wherever necessary
- An amount of Rs.27.00 Cr is allocated for taking up Nabard Road works.
- TIRBAL SUB PLAN:
- An amount of Rs. 1904.48 Crs is allocated under Tribal Sub Plan for the year 2015-16 including non-divisible expenditure.
- POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIPS:
- The Government have indicated a budget provision of Rs. 101.00 Crs. for providing scholarships to benefit 50,000 ST students.
- Students registration for sanction of scholarships is through online.
- EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS (HOSTELS & ASHRAM SCHOOLS):
- Proposed to provide admissions to 1,27,584 ST students in Ashram Schools and Hostels (including merged mandals).
- 96,964 students have been enrolled so far.
- PREMATRIC SCHOLARSHIPS:
- Best Available Schools (BAS) are functioning in Andhra Pradesh.
- Admitted (3,575) ST students in BAS [against (4,149) seats] who are provided Pre Matric Scholarships from the department.
- GIRIJAN COOPERATIVE CORPORATION (GCC) LTD:
- The GCC has set an annual target of Rs.180.00 Crores to achieve through its core functions.
- During the month of June 2015, GCC has procured Rs.0.53 Crores worth Minor Forest Produce (MFP) and supplied Rs.2.19 Crores of Essential Commodities (ECs) and Rs.9.38 Crores worth Domestic Requirements (DRs) through GCC owned DR Deports (Fair Price Shops).