- L&T Heavy Engineering has delivered its first indigenously designed pressurised heavy water reactor for the nuclear plant being developed by Nuclear Power Corporation in Gujarat.
- The first of the two nuclear 700 MWe steam generators was delivered at the Kakrapar nuclear plant on June 16
- The another generator will be dispatched on Saturday.
- MV Kotwal, President (Heavy Engineering), Larsen & Toubro said the completion of the steam generator is a major milestone towards ‘Make in India’ vision of the government.
- The 3D multi-phase thermal hydraulic analysis and safety analysis including accidental conditions were designed in-house by L&T.
- The nickel-iron-chromium alloy U-Tubes were manufactured as a joint effort with Nuclear Fuel Complex, Hyderabad.