- The Public Accounts Committee headed by K V Thomas suggested to link Swachchata Abhiyan programme to flagship rural job scheme MGNREGA.
- Panel said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s sanitation scheme will give the sanitation campaign a push and will also address its fund-related problems
- The panel also suggested that the works done by MGNRGA should be evaluated through an independent agency.
- It suggested rural development ministry to introspect and ensure proper implementation of the scheme to overcome the loopholes.
- Panel said like using of Aadhar number for work allocation, ensure regular social audit and payment of wages directly into account of MGNREGA workers may ensure proper execution of scheme