Delhi Ladli Scheme was launched by Department of Women and Child Development, the Government of Delhi for empowerment of girl children born in Delhi.
- To empower the girl child socially and economically.
- To promote birth registration of girl child.
- To control female foeticide and to improve sex ratio.
- To end discrimination against the girl child.
- To promote education among the girls and reduce school drop-out rate of girl students.
- To provide security to girl students for their higher education.
- Girl should be born in Delhi as shown by the birth certificate.
- The applicant must be a bonafide resident of the NCT Delhi for at least three years preceding the date of birth of the girl child.
- Annual family income should not exceed Rs.1 lakh.
- If girl is school going, her school must be recognized by Delhi Govt. / MCD / NDM
- Scheme is limited to two surviving girls per family.
- In the form of term deposits Rs. 11,000 if born in hospital.
- Rs. 10,000 if born at home at the time of registration.
- Rs.5,000 each in further five milestones i.e., Class I, VI, IX, XI & XII.
Maturity amount at the end of lock-in-period will vary depending on the stage at which each girl child enters the scheme and registers under it.
How to Apply
- Duly filled form along with all necessary documents shall be verified at District Office.
- After verification, it shall be sent to SBIL( State Bank of India Life Insurance Company Limited)
- The amount sanctioned in the name of the girl child is deposited with (SBIL) which manages the amount till the girl attains the age of 18 years and passes Class X as a regular student or takes admission in Class-XII.
- Beneficiary girls are required to open a Zero Balance Saving Account with the State Bank of India by showing the acknowledgement letter received from the bank.
- On attaining the milestone age, the girl child can claim the maturity amount, which can be utilized for her higher education or vocational training or for setting up a micro enterprise.
- SBIL Toll Free Number:- 1800229090.
- Contact Details of the District Officers, DWCD, Delhi Govt. Click Here.
For More Info: Click Here