Kerala State Entrepreneur Development Mission (KSEDM) is an ambitious scheme of the state government instil entrepreneurship among the youth through selecting persons with aptitude, providing thorough training and help them to avail finance easily from Banks/Financial Institutions.
- The promotion of a unit must be done by a group (preferably 5 members).
- Technocrats like Graduates in Engineering, Diploma Holders (three-year) in Engineering, Doctors in all streams of medicine, including veterinary doctors, Chartered Accountants and Cost & Management Accountants and MBA from reputed institutions can set up enterprises individually.
- All the promoters have to be first line entrepreneurs.
- Age criteria- All of them must be aged between 18 and 40 years on the date of registration. (In case of widows the upper age limit will be 45 years and enterprises promoted by widows will get preference for selection.)
- Educational qualification- Must have passed higher secondary or successfully completed a vocational course approved by the government.
- Entrepreneurs want to set up new enterprises have to provide details as per Know Your Customer (KYC) rules.
- New projects those are being set up under micro and/or small sector will be eligible. Also, good Agriculture based projects like integrated fairy farms, poly-houses etc. are eligible. However, trading, transport, farming and fishing are not eligible.
- Maximum loan amount is Rs. 15 lakhs per technocrat promoter and Rs. 7 lakhs per non-technocrat promoter, subject to a ceiling of Rs. 20 lakhs per enterprise.
- However, a promoter has to contribute a minimum 10% in order to avail the benefit. Maximum repayment period is 5 years.
How to apply?
Click here to apply.