Objectives and Benefits:
The financial assistance shall be sanctioned to the Aged Needy Goan Artist and the dependent family in indigent circumstances for the following
- Medical Treatment: To meet the expenses towards Major/Minor surgical treatment in the local or outstation hospitals and also to meet the expenses towards travelling and accommodation outside the State for the treatment for self and or wholly dependent family members subject to the conditions that:
- Marriage: To meet the expenses towards marriage of wholly dependent daughters shall be sanctioned subject to the following conditions:
- Compensation towards natural calamities: To meet expenses towards repair/construction of the house damaged due to natural calamities subject to the following conditions:
- Financial Assistance for Funeral of the Artist: Financial assistance shall be sanctioned to meet the expenses in connection with the funeral of the Goan artist subject to the following conditions:
- Scholarship/Incentives: Financial assistance in form of Scholarship/Incentives shall be sanctioned to the wards of Artists who are proceeding on higher education in the State and outside subject to the following:
- Incentive for Self-Employment: Financial Assistance shall be provided to the needy Goan artist or his/her family for self-employment venture subject to the following:
- Lump-sum Grant: Financial Assistance in form of lump sum grant Maximum of Rs. 20,000/- shall be provided on the Death of the Artists to the family subject to the following:
The following shall be the eligibility conditions under Kalakar Kritadnyata Nidhi.
- Any Goan aged needy Artist, born and brought up in the State of Goa and recognized by the Directorate of Art & Culture, Government of Goa or his/her family.
- The Annual family income from all the sources should not exceed Rs. 2,00,000/- per annum except under lump sum grant where in the annual family income limit shall be Rs. 25,000/-.
- The age limit for grant of the benefits shall be not less than 50 years in case of the eligible artist
- All the relevant documentations like Birth certificate, marriage certificate, dependency certificates, income certificates, medical certificates etc. issued by the competent authorities as may be required under various objectives of the Scheme shall have to be enclosed failing which the applications shall be summarily rejected.
- An amount of Rs.10.00 lakhs every year will be deposited in Saving Bank Account opened in the nationalized bank to meet the requirements under the Scheme
- Amount will be disbursed to the needy artists as per criteria based on the ion/recommendation of the committee constituted by the Government for scrutinizing and sanction of grants to these needy artists.
Scheme Valid till: 31st March 2017
For More Info: Click Here