Janani Suraksha Yojana was launched in April 2005 by Govt. Of India under the Dept. Of Health & Family Welfare. This scheme is for safe motherhood intervention under the National Rural Health Mission. It is being implemented with the objective of reducing mother and infant mortality by promoting institutional delivery among poor pregnant women. The scheme is under implementation in all states and union territories,with special focus on Low Performing States.
- All those pregnant women are eligible to avail benefit of this scheme, who deliver child in the general ward of a government hospital.
- The pregnant women belonging to scheduled castes and scheduled tribes of BPL families, who have delivery at recognised private hospital,can also get the benefit of this scheme.
- A rural woman is given Rs 1400 and an urban woman Rs 1000 on delivery at government hospital.
- All the services during the delivery are given free of cost.
How To Avail:
- Patient or relatives of patient can directly contact the hospital authorities.
For More Information: Click Here