- State’s first Center Of Excellence For Vegetables is inaugurated on August 16th ,2015 at Vadrad village in Sabarkantha district, in presence of Israel’s Ambassador to India Daniel Carmon.
- The centre was developed over a 2000-sq metre area at a cost of Rs 12 crore by the Government of Israel as a result of MoU signed by the Gujarat government and Israel in Agro Vibrant Summit four years ago
- Through this center high quality saplings of different vegetables are available to farmers at concessional rates.
- Currently the centre displayed around 50 lakh high quality saplings which are produced by adopting Israel model of agriculture
- In Israel model of agriculture, through drip irrigation and sprinkler irrigation methods farmers are yielding high returns even though scarcity of water exist
- Through this centre farmers can get awareness in farming using less water by adopting latest technology
Center also plans for organic farm produces making use of discarded coconut fiber as fertilizer
- An exclusive organic food market has been opened in Ahmedabad, very soon Surat will have one such market.
Source: niti central web site