- The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation will install five high-capacity servers, imported from Singapore, to speed up its e-ticketing operations.
- The initiative to import five new servers comes close on the heels of introduction of two new high-speed servers to Passenger Reservation System (PRS) earlier this month.
- These servers have doubled the peak-time efficiency for booking tatkal tickets at the railways’ ticketing website.
- The number of concurrent users is expected to go up from the existing 180,000 to 300,000.
- The entire procedure of e-ticketing will get a face-lift with improvement in efficiency of the website, log-in time and payment gateway.
- 54 per cent train tickets in the country are booked through the IRCTC website.
- The average daily sale of train tickets through the portal is around 5.5 to 6 lakh. It has also registered a record 14,800 tickets per minute.
Source: The Indian Express