- Government has cleared the proposal of ‘integrated border management system’.
- It comprises of thermal imaging, fiber optics communication, radars scanner and sensors, which will be installed at the eight rivulets along the IB.
- It is expected to reduce infiltration through riverine stretches on the international border.
- There is about 145.876 km of unfenced riverine stretch which is about 6.3% of the total Indo-Pak Border.
- Few terrorists in enquiry said they came in through this unfenced part of the border.