Information Technology (IT) would have a prominent and progressive role in the new millennium as the single most important enabler for improving efficiency and effectiveness in organizations. The State Government recognizes the role of IT as an effective tool in enhancing economic activity and in developing human resource. The policy is encouraging replacement of traditional delivery system of public services by IT driven system of governance that works better, costs less and is capable of serving the citizens’ needs with ease.
- Upgrading the standard and quality of administration, particularly in social and public services sector through a process of modernization and rationalization of the administrative set up.
- Providing public centred, efficient and cost-effective Government.
- Extensive percolation of IT literacy and education in the State.
- Promoting investments in IT industry.
- Encouraging private sector initiative in IT related infrastructure and services.
- Increasing the share of IT in State Gross Domestic Product.
- Generating IT related employment opportunities.
- Enhancing earning capacity of the residents thereby ensuring a better quality of life.
- The State will establish Haryana State Wide Area Network (HARNET) for voice, data and video transmission and dissemination. The network shall be utilized for inter department connectivity, multi-user and multi-service facilities, video conferencing, file transfer facility, e-mail, on-line application processing, query and response.
- HARNET shall enable better communication, information sharing, allowing people to work together more effectively resulting in cohesive administration.
- Phased implementation of HARNET will cover strengthening the existing intranets at State Secretariat, Haryana Bhawan and 19 Districts Head Quarters with existing NIC/DOT infrastructure.
- The second phase shall extend HARNET to all Government Departments, State Secretariat, Districts, Sub-Divisions, Tehsils, Sub-Tehsils and Block Head Quarters. Policy shall implement this extended HARNET in association with private sector. Where Department of Telecommunication is not in a position to provide suitable links, such connectivity shall be achieved through private initiative.
Flagship applications will be developed as proof-of-concept applications for building confidence in other Departments, Boards and Corporations. These applications shall be finalized by the Steering Committee.
SMART Card based citizen ID with multi-functions that enable citizens to interact with services, make payments, act as a Voter ID, obtain ration card, passport, driving license and vehicle registration etc. shall be introduced in association with the private sector by the year 2003.
Use of Hindi:
State Government shall promote use of Hindi in Information Technology to increase the outreach to the common man. For this purpose, specific initiative will be taken for use of Devanagari in Computers and developing Web Applications.
Government Tendering/Procurement Process:
Electronic procurement and settlement system with supporting databases and transparent decision making shall replace the existing system by the year 2002.
Use of GIS Technology:
GIS shall be extensively used in integrating, analysing and visualizing different types of data for spatial planning, environmental protection, utility management, traffic regulation etc. Digitized maps of Haryana already available with NIC-HSU will be utilized for providing GIS based services. Augmentation of digitized base maps shall be made as and when required.
Package of Incentives for IT Industries
- Facilities on Generator Sets: Captive power generation sets installed by the Information Technology Industry will be eligible for total exemption from payment of electricity duty without any time limit.
- Liberal change of existing industry to IT: The State Government shall permit setting up of IT Software units/IT Parks in urban areas and change of existing industry to IT/IT Parks.
- Change of land use: No charges for change of land use shall be levied for the IT industry/IT Parks for 3 years. Permission for sale/ leasing/subleasing in constructed buildings and open spaces shall be permitted for optimum utilization of infrastructure. Licenses for setting up STPs shall be given liberally and on easy payment terms.
- Floor Area Regulation (FAR): Relaxation in FAR shall be permitted up to 100% for IT units and in all IT Parks.
- Clearances Support: Escort services and Single Desk Clearance for obtaining easy clearances and approval of various Government Departments shall be facilitated for the IT industries. On-line Clearance & Support Network (OCSN) will be established linking all the related Departments/organizations.
- Rebate up to 90% on registration and transfer of property charges and exemption from stamp duty on a tapering scale shall be given for sale/ lease of built-up space to the IT Industry establishing facilities in private STPs/Government STPs/IT Parks.
- Exemption from the pollution control department and Sales tax concessions.
- IT as priority sector for landings.
For More Info: Click Here