- India has one of the most aggressive clean energy goals of any nation in the world, with a plan to have 100 gigawatts of solar capacity installed by 2022, which is a five-fold increase from the previous government’s target goal.
- A large portion of the installations would be through rooftop solar power systems, which is a critical aspect to bringing electricity to rural areas.
- There are massive changes in government policies occurring.
- There is a ton of money being poured into India’s clean energy efforts, from the Indian government, from the private sector, and from investors and governments around the world.
- According to Bloomberg New Energy Finance, clean energy investments in India increased to $7.9 billion last year and are expected to exceed $10 billion in 2015.