- India is an emerging economy and has been able to sustain its growth rate more 7 % even after the recession of 2008.
- The country is experiencing major demographic shift which can enhance the productivity of our labor force. Thus, the population size which was considered debt to the nation, is seen now as a dividend.
- Both the population size and economic growth of India can make the nation a suitable partner of the P-5 members of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) .
- Recently, Sweden backed India’s bid for a permanent seat in the UNSC. Sweden also supported India’s entry to MTCR organization, a non proliferation organization for the weapons of mass destruction.
- Currently the two countries have bilateral agreements in various fields, such as defence, education, healthcare, among others, which can help both countries to maintain mutual trust and long term relationship in this competitive world.