- The Indian Railways has tied up with Tata Consultancy Services to pilot a system to conduct its recruitment exams online.
- The railways employ about 1.4 million people and government jobs are highly sought after.
- In the railway recruitment drive during 2014-15, examinations were conducted for 48,822 vacancies in 284 categories.
- Applications are already being doing online but now the exams will also be done online to prevent problems.
- The exam management tool allows secured question paper creation and distribution.
- The pilot, which is due to start this year, will leverage TCS’ Ion-cloud platform.
- The pilot is also in keeping with Railway Minister’s desire to reduce corruption.