- Indian posts to inform customers about the status of mails, parcels, money orders and other deliveries through SMS.
- The postal department has also decided to start tracking their postmen with help of GPS enabled handheld devices by October.
- This will help locate the postmen visiting the addresses given to them to deliver parcels and registered posts in Delhi under a pilot project.
- The new services specially e-commerce business has increased revenue for post offices and the company is further going to enhance services for this segment.
- E-commerce currently facilitates free of cost pick up of items from customer if he wants to return it due to some fault or any other discrepancy in the product.
- The DoP has plans to install 1,000 ATMs across country in this financial year and total of 3,000 ATMs under current five year plan which ends in March 2017.