- For two decades India is in nuclear competition with Pakistan and now it is shifting its focus towards China.
- M Kristensen and Robert S Norris in their report titled “Indian nuclear forces, 2015” said India has produced between 110 and 120 nuclear warheads
- They also said that India was estimated to have produced approximately 540 kilogrammes of weapon-grade plutonium, enough for 135 to 180 nuclear warheads.
- They said that Agni-4 is capable of delivering a single nuclear warhead more than 3,500 kilometres, and therefore can target to strike Beijing and Shanghai from northern India
- India is planning to construct a second reactor near Visakhapatnam in addition to Dhruva plutonium production reactor near Mumbai
Source: Defense News