- 48 warships are currently under construction in Indian shipyards,for the Indian Navy.
- Now India has achieved such a status that all kinds of warships can be built in India itself.
INS Vikrant, a 40,000-tonne warship, is being built at the Cochin shipyard.
- Vice Admiral P.Murugesan praised the GRSE, which has so far built 94 ships for the navy.
- GRSE is also India’s first shipyard to export a warship.
- The three WJFAC – Tarmugli, Tillanchang, Tihayu, are among the four such warships being built by GRSE.
Two of the three WJFACs will be delivered for commissioning in the last quarter of the year.
- The WJFACs are ideally suited for interception of fast-moving surface craft and will perform anti-smuggling, fishery protection and search and rescue operations.
Source: The Economic Times