- Indian Naval Ship Teg, has been deployed for a surveillance mission and will be patrolling the Northern reaches of the vast Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) of Mauritius as from 10 July 2015.
- The ship is scheduled to call at Port Louis from 13 to 16 July and from 23 to 26 July 2015.
- The ship will be conducting free medical camps for the outer-islanders and will render expert technical assistance for the equipment located on those islands.
- These patrols are conducted in coordination with the National Coast Guard of Mauritius to prevent illegal fishing activity and thwart the spread of piracy in the EEZ of Mauritius.
- INS Teg is a state-of-the-art Guided missile frigate with capacity to carry integral helicopter and undertake prolonged surveillance missions.