- INS Sahyadri is an indigenously built warship of the Shivalik Class.
- It is inducted into the Indian Navy on July 21, 2012, the multi-role stealth frigate, boasts of an array of weaponry in her arsenal.
- It has long range anti-ship missiles, medium and short range surface to air missiles augmented by powerful guns of different calibres to provide a formidable shield against all types of surface and air threats.
- The capability to carry two integral multi-role helicopters significantly enhances the potency of this ship.
- Indian Navy’s INS Sahyadri, which is currently on operational deployment to North West Pacific region and South China Sea in pursuance of India’s ‘Act East’ policy, entered Incheon, Republic of Korea will remain till October 27.
- The visit of INS Sahyadri is aimed at strengthening bilateral ties and enhancing inter-operability between navies of the two countries.