- With the central opening up Indian railway infrastructure projects to foreign investments as part of its larger make in India push, Canada’s transportation giant Bombardier is betting big on the country.
- Some months back, Bombardier won a $4.1 billion order to supply 75 new six-car trains to Australia and the coaches will be manufactured in India.
- While Bombardier’s share of that order is $2.7 billion as the project lead, its India unit will be executing orders worth $1.5 billion for exports to Australia till 2019.
- The vehicle design is based on the Adelaide EMU train.
- Bombardier’s scope for this project includes the supply of the 75 Electrical Multiple Units (EMUs) and maintenance for 30 years.
Source: The Economic Times