- The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development in collaboration with Facebook has launched the ‘#100Women Initiative’.
- The launch aims to recognize and acknowledge women who are making a difference in their communities, across the country.
- The ‘#100Women Initiative’ involves a contest to select 100 women achievers of India through public nominations via social media.
- Starting on Wednesday, July 15, 2015, people can nominate women until September 30, 2015.
- Voting will begin on November 7, 2015 on the top 200 entries as determined by an esteemed jury.
- Winners will be invited to join a reception organized by the Ministry around Republic Day.
- To submit the nomination, people can visit the Ministry of Women and Child Development Facebook page and submit a photo or video showing the nominee in action.