- US described India “as the global strategic, political and economic player,” and assured to continue to be supportive of its global aspirations.
- US Ambassador to India Richard Verma recalled a series of developments last week.
- Verma said the US wanted India to play a ‘leadership’ role in Paris at the climate talks and they have welcomed and saluted the role in humanitarian response – from Yemen to Nepal to the Maldives.
- Strategic and economic cooperation were among the areas of focus.
- Air Forces of India and the US will ‘rejoin the signature’ Red Flag excercise in the US in 2016.